Artworks is a not-for-profit arts and cultural center located in downtown Big Rapids. Our NON-SMOKING facility includes special spaces that are available for community use on short and long term basis. We welcome groups and individuals whose purpose includes the betterment of individuals and groups through education and the arts.
Lower Level Dance, Art, and Music Spaces
Rental spaces on the lower level include (1) a large fully sound-proofed music practice room, (2) a large classroom for arts and crafts, (3) a pottery kiln, and (4) two dance studios (one with a laminate floor, and the other with a sprung maple/birch floor and reception/seating area).
All lower level areas have access to a kitchenette with deep sinks, tables and chairs, a dressing/changing room, elevator access, and restrooms that are wheelchair accessible. The Fire Marshall has assessed the lower level at 150 person capacity.
Click any picture to enlarge it.
|Classroom||Dance studio/reception area||Lower level kitchenette|
Upper Level Meeting and Event Space
The upper level has a large open space suitable for meetings and other events. Amenities include:
- Five 3′x6′ tables that can be configured as a conference table and 20 executive chairs
- A large round table suitable for serving
- A kitchenette with refrigerator, micro-wave, and other food service appliances and utensils
- AV equipment, including an overhead projector, 32 inch HD/TV with DVD playing capacity, 72 inch portable screen, laptop and Power Point projector, and an AV cart.
- Folding chairs and additional tables can be provided depending on the party’s needs.
The upper level has elevator access and restrooms with handicapped accessible accommodations. The Fire Marsall has assessed the upper level at 131 person capacity.
|Upper level round serving table||Upper level event space||Upper level kitchenette|
Artists Incubator Spaces
Rental spaces on the upper level include four artists 8′x10′ incubator spaces, with lights, electrical outlets, wireless connectivity and lockable doors.
For more information or to reserve a space, Contact Artworks (recipient Rental Coordinator) or telephone (231-796-2420).